Apple seems to be forgetting that the world’s second largest smartphone market is not that dump to accept their unsold inventories of premium smartphones. In a rare move to increase the sales figure in India, Apple has relaunched its three year old ‘premium’ smartphone – the iPhone 4 in India. They are selling the 8GB model of the old hardware at a premium price of around Rs 23,00.
iPhone 4 is the fourth generation smartphone in the iPhone series which was announced back in June, 2010. Apple has earlier selling the device for Rs 26,500 in India, but was discontinued following the launch of iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c.
Revisiting on the specification Apple iPhone 4 spots a 3.5 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 640×960 pixels. It’s powered by a 1 GHz Cortex-A8 processor based on Apple A4 chipset paired with 512MB RAM and PowerVR SGX535 GPU unit. On the rear it got a 5 megapixel camera with LED flash and on the front a VGA camera. It comes in 8GB, 16GB and 32GB internal storage and can’t be expanded further with microSD card. On the connectivity front it supports 3G ( HSDPA & HSUPA), 2G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth v 2.1. It carries a non-removable Li-Po 1420 mAh battery that can offer up to 7hours of talk time on 3G. Initially it was launched with iOS 4 mobile operating system which is now capable of upgrading to iOS 6.1.3 and iOS 7.0.4.
Where can i buy iPhone 4 in India?
Seriously, if you are looking for buying Apple iPhone 4 in India head over to all popular online retail stores. Flipkart and Amazon India is offering the black version of the smartphone with a price tag of Rs 21,999. Online marketplace Ebay India is offering the same at a Rs 22,750 and Snapdeal at a price tag of Rs 23271. Off-course you can get them cheaper by applying various coupons and online promotion available with each site. Apple iPhone 4 is also available with offline stores with a varying premium price tag of Rs 20,999 to 24,000.
Why you should buy an Apple iPhone 4?
- You are a ‘die-hard’ Apple fan boy. ( seriously the number one reason to buy)
- Loves the iOS operating system and want to be in Apple ecosystem.
- To show among your friends that you own a Apple product
- Got lots of money in your pocket.
Seriously we can’t come better option that the above.
Why you shouldn’t buy an Apple iPhone 4?
- Three years old smartphone with old hardware – iPhone 4 is powered by an old 1 GHz cortex-A8 processor with 512MB RAM, got a 3.5 inch display and a super low 1420 mAh battery. By today’s standard this hardware is completely lame to use.
- iOS 7 – iPhone 4 now got a stripped down version of iOS 7 lacking most of the functionality. Most of the users are complaining about this disappearance of functionality, slow running apps and lagging speed. It also doesn’t have the famous personal assistance Siri, AirDrop and camera filters.
- Premium price – For the price tag of Rs 23,000 you have plenty of smartphone options from Android and Windows Phone. Indian vendor Micromax, Karbonn along with Samsung, HTC, Sony can offer Android smartphones with big display, powerful CPU, expandable storage and good quality camera. Even Nokia’s Lumia range of Windows Phone are better than iPhone 4 under this price category. Don’t forgot the upcoming Google Motorola’s Moto G which has some great design along the better hardware.
So what you think will you buying the relaunch Apple iPhone 4?