The wait is over for the latest and greatest android operating system is here. Google has officially released the final build for its latest android operating system – Android 7.0 Nougat.
If you own a Nexus device, most probably the newest in Nexus family like Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P or the older Nexus 6, Nexus 9, Nexus Player, Pixel C, and General Mobile 4G, then you will be first to taste the new android.
Older Nexus devices, including the most popular Nexus 5 is not getting the official OTA update to android Nougat. For other smartphones, you will need to wait for little longer (mostly too long) for your device manufacturer to roll out the updates.
Android 7.0 Nougat highlights
- Multi-window view – allowing you to run two apps side-by-side (top-by-top probably).
- Vulkan API – offering high-performance 3D graphics for next-generation gaming.
- Virtual Reality mode – the Daydream VR platform integration.
- JIT compiler – more optimized android app installation.
- Over 1500 emoji to use everywhere from SMS to emails.
- Multi-Locale language support.
- Improved notification – with in-line replies directly on the notification tab.
- Security hardening – with individual file-based encryption.
- Automatic system updates – now security updates and OTA updates will automatically installed in the backgrounds.
- Doze on the Go – Doze now automatically go into low power usage while in the pocket or on the move, saving battery.
- Rearrange quick setting tiles to the one you need most.
- Data Saver mode – allowing you to limit the apps in using mobile data on the background.
Do remember that you are one who helped Google to name the latest Android operating system. After months of public voting, Google officially decided to go for the sweet chewy dessert-themed version of android Nougat.