Amazon India is trying to improve the gifting experience for their customers every now and then. They have added a new feature to e-gift card purchase and delivery. The update brings a scheduling feature to e-gift card section in Amazon India. Let’s find out more about this feature and how to schedule an e-gift card.
Amazon India’s e-Gift card section allows you to modify the gift card to suit the occasion or event. Even though there are other categories like travel, food, entertainment etc, you can’t schedule them at present. But there is a plus point to Amazon e-gift cards, once redeemed, the recipient can use the Amazon Pay balance for mobile recharges or where ever allowed including partner stores.
How To Schedule Amazon e-Gift Card?
- Go to e-Gift card category on Amazon India website or app.
- Choose the appropriate e-gift card for the occasion viz festive, greetings etc.
- Key in the details like amount, recipient e-mail address, your name, message and quantity.
- Now in the delivery date calendar, you can schedule up to 3 months in advance.
- Add to cart and or proceed to checkout, verify the details and make the payment.
This feature might be new to Indian customers, but it has been there in other countries for a long time. However, there are some major differences between Amazon India’s e-gift scheduling compared to other domains. Here are some of the key changes which might not trouble customers.
e-Gift Scheduling Comparison
- Amazon India allows scheduling only up to 3 months compared to 1 year outside.
- Payments should be done at the time of purchase, while it is charged 1/2 days before delivery outside.
- There is no refund or rescheduling allowed in the case of Amazon India, while changes are possible outside.
How To Add Amazon e-Gift Card?
- Just click the link in your e-mail to add the gift card to your account.
- You can also manually redeem it at Amazon.in.
- This gets added to Amazon Pay Balance as Gifts&Credits and has a 1-year expiry.
So far the new feature will bring smiles to the faces of customers since it is an improvement. Let’s hope Amazon India brings more favourable changes to gifting category. Meanwhile, it’s time for another Christmas and a New year, start scheduling e-gifts to your loved and dear ones. Hope the write-up was informative, Peace!