Did you know? You can rent a movie from Google India play store for just Rs 20, buy apps starting as low as Rs 1 (also lower than that in paisa). But how will you pay? Google Play supports Credit cards, Debit Cards, Net banking, Google Play gift card and carrier billing option.
If you are choosing carrier billing then Google play has now added carrier billing for India’s top two telecom operators Airtel and Vodafone India. Do note that currently, only Postpaid subscribers of these two telecom providers can make use of the carrier billing. Earlier this year (2016), the carrier billing option was launched in India for Idea Cellular subscribers. For those new to carrier billing on Google Play Store, the billing option allows you to pay for the contents from your main phone balance for prepaid customers or added to your monthly phone bill for postpaid customers.
Paying using Carrier Billing on Google Play is actually a very simple process. While making a purchase of an app or any content on Google Play Store, the customer can choose their telecom operator to pay the bill. In addition to the listed price, there will be some convenience fee added by the telecom operator.
Steps to avail carrier billing in Google Play store India
- Customer will need an Android device with an active Airtel, Vodafone or Idea Cellular connection in order to be able to purchase digital content through Google Play using carrier billing.
- Navigate to Google Play Store app.
- Go to Account > Payment Methods > Add Payment Method.
- Select ‘Use Idea/Airtel/Vodafone Billing’, an activation SMS will be sent free of charge.
- After verification, you need to save the payment method, thereby agreeing to telcos’ TOS.
- Thereafter you can make a purchase of an app or any content on Google Play Store and choose the telecom operator to pay from your mobile balance. For postpaid customers, the charges will be added to their next bill.
The whole process of carrier billing is simple and one need not worry about sharing their Credit or Debit Card. One can buy any content from Google Play like apps, games, movies, tv shows, books, magazine subscription and music. The payment option also works with in-app purchases.