Still using a feature phone, but looking for an effective way to tackle the spam or unknown calls? Truecaller in partnership with India’s top telecom operator, Airtel has launched Airtel Truecaller ID. A unique service that brings Truecaller caller ID feature to Airtel’s mobile subscribers using feature phones.
Once Airtel Truecaller ID service activated, unknown callers will be identified via Truecaller. This information will be sent to your feature phone via Flash SMS. This happens even before the call hits your feature phone. The service works even without an active data connection on the phone. Do note that the service will only work for Airtel mobile subscribers having a feature phone.
“We hope that this partnership will encourage other global developers to innovate for the feature phone segment, which still forms a large part of the overall market in countries like India,” commented Raj Pudipeddi Director of Consumer Business and Chief Marketing Officer at Airtel.
Airtel Truecaller ID features
- Airtel mobile subscribers with feature phone can identify unknown and spam callers via Truecaller caller ID feature.
- Before the actual call hits users phone, the caller details will be provided as a flash SMS. So, you can decide to take the call or not.
- The service works even for those without a mobile internet activated.
- Paid subscription-based service rolling out to pan-India Airtel subscribers from April 2017.
- Available for both Prepaid and Postpaid Airtel mobile subscribers.
Airtel Truecaller ID is first of its kind service where users with limited internet access and device capabilities have a choice to take right calls. This service will help in making communication safer and more efficient.
Recently Truecaller has launched UPI-based mobile payment service Truecaller Pay in partnership with ICICI Bank. With this, you can send and receive money directly from the Truecaller app.