Another simple way to pay or receive money from your friends or family. Airtel Payments Bank, the digital payment platform of India’s top telecom operator Bharti Airtel has integrated Unified Payments Interface (UPI) on its digital platform. This brings additional choice and convenience to customers to make instant money transactions.
Airtel Payments Bank has also become with first payments bank in India to integrate UPI. Using UPI you can instantly send or receive money from your friends or family. You can make digital payments to both online and offline merchants and stores. You can also make instant money transfer to any bank account in India. Every money transactions are credited or debited directly from your bank account.
“This would allow all our 20 million bank customers to create their personalised UPI handles on the Airtel app and enable them to make digital payments in both the offline and online space,” said Shashi Arora, MD and CEO, Airtel Payments Bank. “Our bank customers would also be able to link their bank accounts otoBHIM app and make UPI payments,” he added.
Get started with Airtel Payments Bank UPI
- First download/sign in to MyAirtel app and go to “Payments Bank” tab.
- Under the “Quick action” section you fill find an option to add Airtel Payments Bank UPI.
- Airtel Payments Bank will send a one time SMS from your device for verification.
- Once your mobile number and device is verified, you can create your Airtel Payments Bank UPI virtual payment address (VPA) ID. This can be some unique like [email protected]
- Next, you will be asked to link a bank account with the UPI. This can be your Airtel Payment Bank itself or any other Indian bank that support UPI.
- Once bank account is linked with Airtel Payments Bank UPI, you can start sending or receiving money.
One of the best part of Airtel Payments Bank UPI integration is that you can create multiple VPA ID’s. Like you can create one VPA for sharing with your close friends, one VPA when sharing to public group of friends etc.
What’s make UPI unique and secure is that you’re not required to share any of your bank details (like account number, IFSC code) while making a transaction. You can use simple to remember VPA IDs to pay and receive money via UPI. You will also be able link your Airtel Payments Bank saving accounts with any UPI VPA handle in other UPI apps including Google Tez, Phonepe and BHIM.