Within a few weeks of going live in Rajasthan and acquiring more than lakh customers during this period, India’s top telecom operator Bharti Airtel has expanded its Airtel Payments Bank to South Indian states Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
Airtel Payments Bank will be rolling out pilot services across 15,000 Airtel retail outlets in both states. This includes 8,000 Airtel retail outlets in Andhra Pradesh and 7,000 outlets in Telangana. This Airtel retail outlets act as the Airtel banking points. This banking points will offer bank account opening services, cash deposit and withdrawal facilities and a range of basic, convenient banking services.
To open a bank account on Airtel Payments Bank, you need an Aadhaar card which will be used for instant e-KYC verification. Your mobile number (airtel or non-airtel mobile numbers) will act as your bank account number. An added benefit of opening saving account is that you get an interest of 7.25 per cent per annum on deposits. In addition, you will also get personal accident insurance of Rs 1 lakh with the account.
A wide network of merchants across Andhra Pradesh and Telangana has already started accepting digital payment from Airtel Bank. The company plans to expand the reach to over three million partners that include small Kirana stores, small shops and restaurants. To transfer or pay money to these merchants, you only need to know his/her mobile number. Using the Airtel Money app you can instantly transfer the money to the merchants or your friend’s account.
Airtel Payments Bank Features
- Fully digital and paperless banking services.
- Bank account (saving and current accounts) opening using Aadhaar based e-KYC.
- Customer’s Airtel mobile number will be his/her bank account number.
- Airtel Payments Bank will offer an interest rate of 7.25 percent per annum on money deposits in the savings accounts.
- Instant money transfers to any bank account in India.
- Completely free money transfer from Airtel to Airtel mobile numbers within Airtel Bank.
- Accidental insurance cover of one lakh with every saving account.
- Through wide network of Airtel retail outlets, you can deposit and withdraw money.
To digitally access Airtel Payments Bank services, you can use the Airtel Money app. If you got a feature phone or have limited internet connectivity then you can access the banking services via USSD by dialling *400# or even by a simple IVR by dialling 400. For non-artel banking customers, they can dial 8800688006 to access Airtel Banks’ services. You can also visit any of the Airtel retail outlets for any banking services.