Tracking the mobile customer preferences, India’s top telecom operator Bharti Airtel released this years ‘Airtel Mobitude 2012‘ survey report. It reveals the preferences of over 186 million mobile customers in India which provides interesting insights on what India wants. This is the only annual survey of its kind in India that captures customer preferences through their mobile usage patterns and trends among customers across India.
Continuing the previous year trend mega hit Dhanush’s ‘Kolaveri Di‘ stills ranks top in the music charts as the most downloaded and Hello Tune for the year. Chikni Chameli star Katrina Kaif rules the imagery charts for the 4th consecutive year, as the most downloaded Female Celebrity and King of Bollywood Shahrukh khan ranked the most downloaded Male Celebrity.
- Shahrukh Khan and Salman Khan are India’s number 1 and 2 respectively, Ranbir Kapoor is in 3rd position for wallpaper downloads sadly Aamir Khan misses the top 5.
- Katrina Kaif rules the imagery charts for the 4th consecutive year, closely followed by the Pataudi bahu – Kareena Kapoor Khan.
- Imagery downloads for South India hottie Trisha, exceeds that of Bollywood’s top 5 leading male actors by 325%.
- America’s Kim Kardashian is popular in India and fares among top 5 most downloaded Hollywood celebrities.
- Chikni Chameli from Agneepath was the most downloaded song of the year
- Most downloaded video, Abhi Abhi of Jism 2 outnumbers Ooh La La of Dirty Picture. Among videos, item numbers with both male and female leads, are a hit with Pungi Baja Kar, Papa Toh Band Bajaye and Chinta Ta Chita Chita coming on top.
- Sholay continues to be an all time favourite among ‘Airtel Audio Talkies’
- Movie inspired games are the new rage in mobile gaming – Agneepath, Spiderman & Agent Vinod games topped.
- Master blaster Sachin Tendulkar drops to 2nd position for the first time in 4 years, while Yuvraj Singh tops the wallpaper charts among sports personalities following his comeback
- Dabangg tops charts as the most viewed movie on Airtel Video Talkies, while Singham led on Airtel Audio Talkies
Other than the ranking, some interesting facts from the Mobitude 2012 report –
- MMS crossed 1 million mark on Diwali and jumped 145% on the festive day for the first time in the country’s MMS traffic history Data and Applications
- Mobile internet sees maximum data consumption between 10 pm – 11pm.
- Google is most visited website in terms of Unique Users, while Facebook clocks maximum time spent and leads all websites in terms of page views as well as data consumption.
- 3 million downloads on Airtel App Central recorded every month.
- MobileTV got a 65% jump is viewership – IPL viewing minutes jumped a record-breaking 74% and viewership increased over 46% from numbers witnessed in 2011
- India recorded over 75 million wallpapers (with 300% growth) and 150 million plus music downloads this year.
Released at the end of every calendar year, Airtel Mobitude is the only annual survey of its kind that captures in-depth data to access customer preferences based on mobile usage patterns in India.