Airtel the leading GSM Mobile Service Provider at India. Airtel is out into race after Tata Docomo, Idea , Tata Indicom adds its MNP Session . Here in the dedicated MNP Session of Airtel . Talks about the four important things .
1.what is mobile number portability (MNP)
Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is a facility which allows you to move to airtel while retaining your existing operator’s mobile number.
MNP is applicable for porting between mobile operators only, in the same telecom Circle. Also, by regulation, customer can port-into another operator only if he/she has been with that operator for at least 90 days.
Move to airtel without changing your mobile number
Non-airtel mobile customers now have an opportunity to become part of airtel family of more than 14.5 cr mobile connections, and experience India’s largest network coverage and world-class customer services.
- India’s most preferred mobile operator, with more than 14.5 crore customers.
- Widest network coverage in India with 110,000+ sites (towers).
- World-class network quality.
- Recharge facility anywhere in India ,with 15 Lac + retail outlets.
- Large bouquet of exciting VAS (Value Added Services)
- Mobile Internet Services
- Hello Tunes : Greet every caller with a song of your choice
- My Tunes : Listen to songs of your choice whenever you makes a call
- Twitter on SMS – Stay updated on twitter through SMS
- Talk –to- Me : Speak and listen to live celebrity conversations
- Live Aarti : Listen to live Puja and Aarti from India’s most popular shrines
- Download Mobile Games
- Airtel App Central where subscriber can download numerous applications related to emailing, social networking, business, games etc.
- And a host of other interesting products & services
- Empowering customers through Self Care mode by dialing *121#
- Power in the hands of the customer to activate/deactivate any VAS as per choice through START/STOP facility
3.Steps To Move Your Mobile Number to Airtel
1. To begin with, you need to generate UPC (Unique Porting Code) by sending SMS to 1900. UPC is an alphanumeric code allocated, upon request, by a mobile operator to its subscriber for the purpose of facilitation of porting of his/her mobile number to another operator.
• SMS to be sent : PORT to 1900. Operator SMS charges will be applicable.
• Eg. SMS PORT 98XXXXXXXX to 1900
2. After sending SMS to 1900, you will receive UPC (Unique Porting Code) as a SMS from 1901 giving 8 digit alpha-numeric Unique Porting Code (UPC) and UPC expiry date in MM/DD/YYYY format
3. Visit your nearest airtel outlet / showroom
4. Fill airtel Mobile Number Porting (MNP) form providing details like
• Current Mobile Number
• Current Operator name
• UPC code
5. Submit Address & Id proof documents, self-attested photo and last bill copy of postpaid connection (if applicable) along-with filled MNP form and Customer Agreement Form.
6. Buy the airtel MNP SIM card from airtel outlet / showroom. SIM charges, talktime value and porting charge are non-refundable in the event of cancellation / rejection of port-in request.
7. Airtel will send an SMS on your old/existing operator’s SIM (existing connection) intimating about the porting date and time, i.e. the date and approximate time till when you can continue to use your existing operator’s SIM card.
8. There will be a 2-hour ‘no service period’ which will begin after the porting time as given above. The ‘no service period’ will be between 12 midnight to 5 am during which your mobile service will not be active on any SIM. All efforts will be made to ensure that this ‘no service period’ causes minimum inconvenience to you.
9. After the ‘no service period’, you can replace your existing operator’s SIM card with the new airtel SIM card in your handset.
Once your airtel SIM card is activated you would be ready to enjoy airtel’s high-quality network, innovative value added services and best-in class customer service using your existing mobile number.