Now its safe and convenient to store, transfer and spend money using your mobile phone, Aircel one of India’s most innovative telecom operator partnered with ICICI Bank to launch Mobile Banking service “Mobile Money” running on Visa’s Mobile Managed Service.
With this service Aircel mobile subscribers can have a range of financial services on their mobile phone such as cash deposits and cash withdrawals, money transfer to third parties, self-reload of prepaid mobile credit, and various utility bill payments.
To open an account visit the nearest Aircel ICICI Bank Mobile Money outlet and experience a Safer, Easier and Faster way to deposit, transfer, withdraw and spend money. Customers will be able to use the Mobile Money service instantly on any mobile phone even without a data connection service.
“We are extremely pleased to be launching ‘Mobile Money’ to provide our customers with a safe, secure and instant way of managing their financial needs. By partnering with ICICI bank and basing ‘Mobile Money’ on the Visa platform we have joined forces with two companies that have a strong pedigree in financial services, together with a great desire to deliver innovative financial service solutions to better meet the needs of the country’s unbanked. Aircel brings to the partnership not only our mobile network but just as importantly our attention and care in serving millions of customers every day with many millions of small cash transactions through our vast retailer and distributor setup.” said Geoff King, Head of Mobile Banking, Aircel.
Opening Aircel Mobile Money Account?
- Visit nearest Aircel ICICI Bank Mobile Money retail outlet.
- Fill account opening form and submit a valid photo ID and Address proof.
- Deposit a minimum Rs 100 as initial deposit and retailer will register the account immediately.
- Customers can use their account for Mobile Recharge, DTH Recharge and Bill payments.
- Once the documents been verified by Bank and Account will be activated within 7 working days.
- Post Activation, Customers can transfer and withdraw money using your mobile money account.
Aircel Mobile Money Services –
- Money Transfer – Transfer money to other Aircel ICICI Bank Mobile Money accounts or any other mobile number.
- Recharges – Customers can recharge their Aircel number, other Aircel or any other mobile number directly from the account. To recharge select Mobile & DTH recharge option from USSD menu, Aircel/Non Aircel Mobile Recharge option and do recharge for any denomination.
- Payments – Make payments for Aircel postpaid and other Utility bills.
- Withdraw – The nearest Aircel ICICI Bank Mobile Money outlet act as an ATM, customers can transfer E-money to retailer and get cash in hand.
The service will be first available in Tamil Nadu to specifically cater for the needs of the large migrant working population from Tirunelveli now living and working in Chennai. Rollout to other parts of the state and rest of the country will happen during Q3 2013.
Source – Aircel Mobile Money