Need to book more railway tickets through IRCTC? then get your account verified and linked with Aadhaar. Indian Railways has essentially increased the monthly ticket booking cap on IRCTC web portal for Aadhaar verified accounts.
IRCTC now allow you to book up to 12 railway tickets in a month, instead of earlier 6 tickets, if you get your account Aadhaar-verified. However, you can still book up to six railway tickets in a month, even if you have not linked your Aadhaar number with IRCTC. Only if you need to book tickets beyond six in a month, you need to link your account with Aadhaar.
Steps to link IRCTC account with Aadhaar
- Once you login to our IRCTC account head over to the “My Profile” and click on the Aadhaar KYC option to get started the Aadhaar verification process.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and instantly you will get a one-time password (OTP) on your mobile number linked to Aadhaar.
- On successful submission of Aadhaar OTP, your IRCTC account will become Aadhaar verified.
- You can now book up to 12 railway tickets in a month on IRCTC.
In addition to verifying your IRCTC account with Aadhaar, at least one of your accompanying passengers on the ticket being booked, beyond 6 tickets in a month, should also be Aadhaar verified. For that –
- First, save the names of passengers accompanying you on the ‘master list’ (under “My Profile”).
- Verify Aadhaar of this users by following the same steps above. Enter the users Aadhaar number and submit the OTP to get verified.
- Note that, this should be done before starting the ticket booking process, beyond 6 tickets in a month.
- Once done, you can quickly add Aadhaar verified passenger from master list at the time of train ticket booking.
The new changes seem to have come into effect from 26th October 2017. Linking of IRCTC account with Aadhaar is expected to bring down the culprits in ticket booking, as well as control travel agents from creating fake user IDs.