Train timing has changed, have you checked? from 1st July, 2013 Indian Railway has announced major time change for almost all trains running in India. To help you out Ministry of Railways has introduced a complete new All India Railway time-table called “Trains at a Glance (TAG)”. It provides passengers with quick access to updated details on trains running between stations, station codes and Train number index, route map, various scheme and regulations etc.
Trains at a Glance (TAG) features include -
- Providing information on trains between stations, station code index, Train number index, Train name index, how to read a table, route maps, station index.
- Detailed route map and time stats of hundreds of trains running across India.
- Complete details on Duronto Express, Rajdhani and Shatabdi Trains, Sampark Kranti Trains, Double Decker Trains and Delhi Metro Route Map.
- Details on Luxury Tourist Trains and special facilities provided for Foreigners
- Commercial information’s for passenger use and interest like advance reservation period, reservation through internet, Tatkal scheme, Refund rules and rail travel concessions
- Information regarding Vigilance organization, Public grievance machinery, disaster management and catering services have been incorporated.
- The Mail/Express services (introduction, extension and increase in frequency of the existing services) that have been announced during the Railway Budget 2013-14.
In addition TAG database also include the updated Zonal Railway Time Tables of 17 Zonal Railways which comes into effect from 1st July, 2013.
Recently only Ministry of Railway’s online ticketing subsidiary Indian Railways Catering & Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) launched the pilot project of train ticketing through SMS, interactive voice response system (IVRS) and unstructured supplementary service data (USSD) methods.
Know More – Trains at a Glance (TAG)
Image Credit – Indian Railway