Nokia Lumia 800 is the talk of the town at present. Microsoft Windows Phone 7.5 Mango is the operating system of this new generation mobile phone which brings several amazing features and smooth user experience to its users. Customizing various features on this Nokia handset becomes easy due to this particular operating system. Windows has come a long way since its foot step into the mobile domain and so has Nokia. With the essence of Nokia and the trust of Windows, here you get the best of both breeds.
Now the most amazing impression about your phone is your ringtone. The ringtone of a phone is the first thing that others notice since you only take your mobile phone of your pocket only when it rings as someone calls you. So the ringtone of your mobile phone must be of the kind which states your personality. If you are looking to change ringtones on Nokia Lumia 800, here is the step by step procedure to do it. It is easy and fast and you don’t need big manuals for that.
Procedure to Change Ringtone on Nokia Lumia 800
- You first need to swipe to the left on the start screen, which is considered to be the homepage of your Nokia Lumia 800. You can also tap the arrow present at the top right corner that faces the right side. You will be shown a list of apps. You have to scroll down and select “Settings” option.
- An option called “Ringtones+Sounds” will appear at the top of the screen. You need to just tap this option to commence the procedure of customizing ringtones on your Nokia Lumia 800. Then you will be shown two options known as “Ringer” & “Vibrate”, wherein you can select to turn on them or turn off them by swiping the option to the right or left.
- Then, you can determine the ringtones for text, call, instant message [IM], email or voicemail individually. You have to tap the pertinent choice on which you want to make changes, and then choose a ringtone from the wide range of ringtones present default in your Nokia Lumia 800 handset. As suggested you might like to chose small tones for your messages which the longer ones for your calls..
- You have to just tap on the title of a ringtone to choose it and set it as the default ringtone. If you want to check whether the ringtone might sound good or not, you can tap the “Play” icon present on the left side of the title of the ringtone.
- Once you are done with setting ringtones, you can then scroll down on the “Ringtones+Sounds” page and then ascertain sounds for calendar reminder, locking or unlocking the phone, using camera, or for any other notification.
That’s it. You are done with the process of changing ringtones on your Nokia Lumia 800 mobile phone. Make sure your phone has got several interesting ringtones and songs which you will like to set. Then you can go on changing them frequently so that you get the feel it new all the time and don’t need to have any default ringtones which ship with the mobile.
It is worth noticeable that you can choose video ringtones as well for the calls you get on your Nokia Lumia 800. So whenever someone calls you a video will be played on the screen along with the audio and that will act as your ringtone. You can set different ringtones for different people in your contacts list and can personalize their vibration, volume, etc. Cool, isn’t it!
This is a guest post made by Costea, a writer with an interest in sharing mobile tips and tricks. Costea also writes about SIM Free phones, mobile phone deals and SIM Only Contracts that can help save you money.